MeadowPointe pickleball players Don Bass and Rich and Donna Donald participated in the Holiday Pickleball Scramble at the Torrey Oaks RV Resort in Bowling Green on Saturday December 20th. The event was coordinated by Jean Mulder, USAPA Ambassador from Holland Michigan and a Florida RV Snowbird wintering at Torrey Oaks. In the spirit of the holiday, she planned a fun filled day of pickleball, mix and mingle and good food!
A total of 30 pickleball players from Torrey Oaks, the Tanglewood Pickleball Club in Sebring, the Kings Point League in Sun City Center and the Picklers from neighboring Thousand Trails RV Park in Wauchulla came to enjoy the day.
Players drew numbers to determine play rotation. Each game was played with a new partner against opponents in both men’s doubles and woman’s doubles. Scores were recorded for individuals based on wins/losses and game points. Prizes for the top scores included Torey Oaks Pickleball T-Shirts and Holiday Canisters of goodies and chocolate and everyone received a goodie bag to take home. Check out the Cryptic Carols below and see how many you can figure out. These were in the Goodie Bags!
Here's a picture of the winners. Donna took thirdplace in the ladies doubles!! Back row is Marcel LeMieux from Quebec, Richard Rivard from Torrey Oaks. Front Row with Donna is Sally Michalski from Thousand Trails Peace River and Al Goldberg from Tanglewood.
The cost of admission for this event was one h’ordeorve to share. We ended the day in the beautiful courtyard near the pool enjoying a vast array of food and beverage, and sharing pickleball stories on a perfect Florida day!
Click here to see pictures from the Scramble
During this festive season, we all begin humming our favorite Christmas songs. Most of these songs are well-loved and have been around a long time. However would these songs be recognized under different titles? See how many you can identify.
1. Small City in Judea
2. Colorless Yuletide
3. Singular yearning for twin anterior incisors
4. Righteous Darkness
5. Loyal followers advance
6. WEATHER: cloudless. ARRIVAL TIME: 2400 hours
7. Far off in a feeder
8. Aray the corridors
9. Bantam percussionist
10. Monarchial triad
11. Nocturnal noiselessness
12. Redman en route to borough
13. Initial Christmas
14. Frozen Precipitation commence
15. Proceed and enlighten on a pinnacle
16. The quadruped with the vermillion proboscis
17. Query regarding identity of descendent
18. Delight for this planet
19. Give attention to the melodious celestial beings
20. Hence arriveth Kris Kringle
21. To decry matriarchal osculation of Yuletide anthropomorphism
22. At the Zenith of the habitat
23. Endocarp vesicated in a conflagration
24. Jehovah dulcify blithe chevaliers
25. The dozen festive 24 hour intervals